What We Do
Development of resilience through methods of psycho-education developed by Israeli Psychologist Dr. Eyal Fruchter in middle and high school youth.
- Conduct mental preparedness trainings taught by TUI psychologist with a focus on psycho-education i.e. training individuals how to address trauma in a way that does not result in PTSD or trauma spectrum disorders.
- An on-going internet based program that deals with prevention of PTSD and complex trauma as an active topic, including case reports and learning opportunities from various traumatic events in the community.
- Partner with community based anti-violence organizations to lessen prevalence of trauma in communities.
- Training youth who will eventually be certified as basic “mental shield” providers to respond to trauma in themselves and in schools and other community organizations.
Development of a Trauma Helpline with volunteers trained to counsel victims in the immediate aftermath of trauma.
- The Helpline developed in partnership with Israeli partners and based on successful Israeli Helplines that have been helpful in addressing trauma.
- The Helpline focuses on the healing process in moments immediately after a TRAUMATIC EVENT.
- Volunteer counselors will be a voice of hope for victims of trauma through patient specific phone counseling sessions; counseling sessions will eventually end with: i) a determination that the client is in no further need of counseling. ii) a referral to a TUI psychologist for more extensive traditional counseling.